Friday, May 23, 2008

New birth!

No, Melanie has not had the baby yet. However, we did experience new birth in our family last night. In fact we had three new births!

Jessica Grace, Faith and Hope were all baptised! We have been having ongoing discussions and intense study for quite a while, and recently the girls all decided that the time was right. We had a small gathering of both sets of grandparents and some of the girls closest friends. We were very excited that Melanie's folks could come in from Tennessee. We were also thrilled that the McKillup and McCoy families could be with us.

After the baptisms, we had a time of blessing and encouragement during which anyone who chose to could share a scripture, a word of encouragement, or a song. It was very encouraging.

We later celebrated the occasion with continued fellowship over food at Underwood's Cafeteria.

Faith had the one liner of the evening (Imagine that!). I asked her just before I baptized her if she had anything to say. She said "Bye!". Ha! I agreed that the old Faith was going to die and that she would be a new creation when she came up.

We are thrilled that the girls have taken this next step in their journey with the Lord. We encouraged them to seek continued growth in their faith and service to Him.

Please join us in praying that God will continue to work in and though these children of His. Thanks in advance for your prayers. May God be glorified in all we do!

I'll try to post pictures in the next few days.

4 comments:

Jenna Bunner said...

I LOVE this. Faith is precious. And your having studied with all of them together, and their courageously deciding to say yes to God as a family reminds me of other cultures where groups make powerful decisions for the Lord. On the lighter side, they all are realizing that they're going to have God's Spirit living in them to deal with a little brother. :)
love your family!

Patty said...

Yay! How exciting and how great that your family was there. Mom and Dad have a picture of the twins' baptism on their refrigerator that reminds me of what a beautiful day that was every time I go over. Happy new life to Faith, Hope and Jessica. We'll be praying for you all.

Sandi said...

I saw your comment on Patty's blog, and my curiousity got the best of me...

What a wonderful blessing for all of your girls to decide to give their lives to Christ individually and together -- what a special, beautiful memory for your family.

Kim H. said...

How wonderful!! I'm getting baptized on Father's Day... so I will soon be a new birth too!