Friday, February 09, 2007

Living on the Edge

I like living on the edge! Back in the day, that brought about some pretty irresponsible behavior. Praise God, who mercifully allowed me to live through it all.

Today, "living on the edge" means something completely different. I like making decisions that stretch my faith, that leave me wondering if I will make it or not. Decisions that feel like they are based on the will of God, but that make no sense from a wordly perspective. Decisions that seem like they are destined to bring about hardship unless God intervenes according to His will.

I recently made such a decision. I don't know yet what the outcome will be. It has only been a few days since the decision was made. What I do know is that if it is the will of God, nothing will stand in the way of a positive outcome.

I also believe that the real benefit to me is not determined by the outcome, but by the fact that I made the decision with God's will first and foremost in my mind! It feels good to trust in God and to lay it out there for Him!

Lord I love you! May your will be done and may you continue to open my eyes so that I might understand your will for my life!

I encourage you to live on the edge! I encourage you to lay it out there for God and trust that His will will bring about what is best for the Kingdom and for your life!

Persevere in faith!
----Greg

5 comments:

laura said...

Greg... so good to hear from you again! We'll be praying that God works in mighty ways as you continue to lay it all on the line for Him. You and Melanie always seem to do that beautifully! I am so thankful your girls will grow up watching parents truly trust in the Lord for everything! Sure do miss you guys! God bless.

Greg Bailey said...

Thanks Laura! We miss you all too! Know that you are in our prayers. God bless you richly as He works in and through you!
----Greg

Beth P said...

Greg,
Just saw your comment on R&K's blog about their adoption and your upcoming trip. You were wondering how to communicate with them...have you tried ohello.com? it's a very cheap way to call them. $20 dollars will get you about 2hours of telephone time. Look it up and see if it works for you. I know Randy's bro uses it and another friend of mine uses it to call Kelly all the time.
I've enjoyed catching up on your blog, I haven't been on in a while.
Blessings to you and your fam!
Beth (Collins) Plemons

Greg Bailey said...

Hey Beth,

Great to hear from you! Randy let me know about ohello and I signed up. I tried to call them today, but didn't get an answer at any of their numbers.

Hope your family is doing well. Thanks for checking my blog.

I cherish the memories that we share! Blessings to you my friend,
----Greg

Anthony Parker said...

Hi Greg,
Thanks for the encouragement.

I hope you have a great trip to Benin; I'm a little jealous -- just a little.