Monday, March 12, 2007

Busy Day

I had a very busy and great day. The day started out with a surprise visit to my former worker and great friend Christophe. He was totally surprised that I was in the country! I had to go on quite a man hunt to finally locate him, but it was well worth it. We laughed together, got caught up on how everyone is doing and made plans to see each other again.

I was also priveleged to see our other former worker Louise today. She works several days a week for the Vaughns. I was able to present both Christophe and Louise with letters from Melanie, greetings from the girls and a promise from Faith that she is coming back. Louise wanted me to tell Faith that she would wait for her.

This afternoon I visited Jo, former Aja coworker from the village of Avedjin. He has since fallen away. This is the second time in eight months that I have visited him. We had a great time together. He was encouraged by Mattias, another Aja brother, to start meeting together to worship God. Jo acted interested. He also said that he would come to our leaders meeting tomorrow. I am not so naive as to believe evey promise that is made, but I am hopeful. This guy is a charismatic brother who could do great things if he would let God once again have control of his life. (Murphy and Christine, if you are reading this, we spent a lot of time talking about what your family and the Koonces are planning to do in Rwanda. They were encouraged and stated the need to pray for you.)

After that, Mattias and I visited the Christians is Djoumahou. This church also fell apart after our families departure in 2000. I visited them on my last visit and gave them a plan for starting to worship again. They have been faithfully attending church in Ayinahoue (where Mattias lives) since that time. There were plans to have a big evangelistic campaign out there last Saturday, but they were rained out. I am really encouraged by their renewed interest.

After Leaving Djoumahou, Mattias and I went to a village called Kojohoue and met a man called Severin and his wife. They are worshippers of God and would like to have a church in their village, but don't know how to see that happen. Mattias is hoping to evangelize in that village in the not too distant future.

I could tell more stories, but I need to prepare for a leaders meeting that starts tomorrow. I think that all men have been invited. It is suppossed to take place on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. Please pray that God will give me a message and organize my thoughts. I desperately want to give these Christains something that will encourage them in their walk! Blessing until the next time,
----Greg

7 comments:

mac said...

Hey Greg! It's so great to hear about your trip and the people you are visiting! I wish that I could be there by your side this week.

I will pray for you and your meeting with the leaders.

Murphy

Jenna Bunner said...

keep writing! I am being blessed by reading.
I am glad you're there.
I'll be praying for the "home front."

Anonymous said...

Greg,
We miss you but are so thankful that the Lord has provided this opportunity! I can see so clearly the reunions between you and our friends! We continue our prayers for the words to speak and open hearts! Melanie

Anthony Parker said...

God bless your trip! I hope to see you soon after you get back.

spud1910 said...

Hi Greg,

Glad to hear you made it safely. Hope God continues to bless your work.

Jim

Greg Bailey said...

Hey Jenna,

I know you can relate to and picture what I am going through! Thanks for the prayers! Hug your sweet family for me.

Greg Bailey said...

Hey Anthony,

I am anxious to talk to you about what I have seen and heard! Let's faire un plan soon after I get back.