Sunday, March 11, 2007

Safe and Sound

I made it safely to Benin Friday night about 8 PM, Benin time. The trip over was fine, although due to some technical difficulties and a strike, I missed out on some of the funner things on my AA flight (like movies, music and good food). However, the trip was good otherwise. I had a good amount of time for prayer, Bible study and brainstorming for lesson ideas.

It was really great to see my good friends Randy and Kelly Vaughn and their kids once I got here! They are terrific and generous hosts and they made me feel very welcomed.

After the first 24 hours with them Kelly said, well, we've talked about a lot of things, I hope you and Randy can find something else to talk about during the rest of your time (Kelly left tonight to be part of a Come Before Winter conference that ministers to missionary women). We all had a chuckle, but I assured her that we would have no trouble finding things to talk about.

As I write, it is 1:00 AM and Randy has just gone to bed. (I told you we would't have any trouble finding things to talk about Kelly! Ha!) We have been talking about the work among the Aja and what they might need as they continue on their journey with God. It is fun to dream about how God might use us in the future to minister to them. I think we have some fun and exciting ideas. Maybe Ill share more another time.

We are now back at their home in Aplahoue with their 4 kids. I am planning on going out into the villages tomorrow to visit some of the Christians that I know and love. Some of these Christians are still faithful and some are not. Please pray that I might be a "minister of reconciliation" ( II Corinthians 5:11 - 6:2) to help bring these fallen Christians back into relationship with God.

Please pray also for my family at home and for my businesses. I have placed them in God's hands. This has been a time when my faith has grown as I have relinquished these two areas of my life to Him.

May you seek to place your life in God's hands as well. May you live (and pray) as if you had no control over the course of your life and as if everything depended on Him (that's reality you know)! May you be blessed and may your faith increase exponentially!

(You may want to check out the Vaughn's blog at rkvaughn.blogspot.com for some pictures. Randy is better at posting pictures than I am, but he promises to teach me how to do it.)

1 comment:

Kelly Vaughn said...

It totally thrills me that you are there! I am so thankful I had some quality time to laugh and catch up with you. You are such a great friend and your entire family is so dear to us. I am praying for them that God will bless them and that his presence will be near them at all times! I was kidding about you and Randy running out of topics to discuss. I think that would be impossible between you two.
Enjoy this week! I know God is using you to bless the Aja in more ways than your eyes can see.

Kelly